Old 04-28-2011, 01:40 PM
WilliP

Originally Posted by toriabelle
Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
Ok ladies. I know this is off topic, but do any of you know the etiquette for being a bridesmaid. My daughter was asked, she has paid 75 for shoes 150 for dress and now is required, when wedding one week away, has to buy a special "sash" for her dress which is going to cost another 50. She is in college and going to her four year and does not have any money so I have to pay. This bothers me. Back in my day, I paid for everything or my parents did.
Traditionally ALL that has to do with the bride is paid by her father. Nowdays ,though, the bride and her family pay. The rehersal dinner, groomsmen's attire ,etc. is, usually to be cared for by groom. I think that is why the bridesmaids' dresses are usually cheap and not too great, just the right color.
I know you used to have to do everything yourself when asked to be a bridesmaid --if the bride came up with this sash thing so close to the wedding she should foot the bill or let the bridesmaid omit it. It is her wedding, not the beauty pageant. LOL and another roll of duct tape to the bridesmaid please!
WilliP