View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 02:32 PM
nhweaver

So many great ideas thanks! I realize that I will need the 1 -1 1/4" board, thanks to all the info (hate it when dh is right) , I like the polar fleece idea to use to front the board, because it comes in 60" width, a 4 x 8 sheet will be big for my tiny space, and I can leave it up, leaning against a tall dresser, and move it when I need to get into the dresser and with that thickness not worry about it bending (never thought about that). I wonder which will hold the quilt squares better, the polar fleece, or warm & natural batting. Any ideas on this?
Originally Posted by nhweaver
I am finally going to make my own design wall. Space is at a premium, so mine will have to be able to fold and put out of sight. I have heard that I can use foam insulation board and cover it with a flannel sheet, but the dh and i are at an impasse. I say the 1/4" board is okay, but he says 1/2" to 1" is best. What did you use to attach the flannel to the board? What have you done to make a design wall, and what are the sizes that you have, or wish to have. thanks!!!