View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 10:53 AM
jdavis

I dislike Olive Green! But when I decided to do the Christmas Pickle quilt from Lynda Milligan and Nancy Smith's book, Home for the Holidays, I made myself include all greens, regardless! I spent about a year picking up fat quarters until I had over 60 green prints. Not a single batik or hand dyed in the bunch. I ended up using 59 of those prints. (See attached) The photo color may be a tiny bit off - a bit blue-ish I think.
Now if you look in my stash, it looks like I'm in love with green, but it's really just a lot of leftovers from that quilt. I have used up some of the uglier prints by "wrapping" Christmas gifts for co-workers. I cut large circles with pinking shears, gathered up around the gift, and tied with red ribbon.
But back to the subject of color, my favorites are the colors of fall, sorry girls, even those dreaded oranges. After many years and many projects I finally decided I had enough fall fabrics for a quilt, so here is my Krazy for Fall quilt (see atteached). Rather than do the traditional embroidery, I let the fabric do the talking. I guess it's a Lazy Krazy quilt. The pic was taken before it was quilted. No, it's not a stack & whack; Yes, it is foundation pieced. I haven't bound it yet.
This is my first time for attaching pictures...cross your fingers!

Christmas Pickle (NY Beauty var.)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]26928[/ATTACH]

Krazy for Fall
[ATTACH=CONFIG]26929[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-26928.jpe   attachment-26929.jpe