Thread: just finished
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 07:42 PM
mpeters1200

I wouldn't necessarily try something else yet. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about 505. I personally haven't tried it yet. I thought I got the same thing and didn't. I ended up with a "temporary" spray that's a permanent waste of money. But, it holds stuff together long enough that I can pin baste without basting in the wrinkles.

I wonder if you could try to restick it, but have enough people in the room to make sure it's good and taut. With my crappy spray that's what I have to do. But really, a lot of the quilter's on this board swear by that stuff and I find everyone most helpful here. If you search under spray basting, I'm sure there are TONS of threads about it.

JMHO...but only you know the best for your circumstances and your quilt. Spray basting or not, your quilt is simply beautiful. I tagged the pattern as something I would be willing to do with batiks. If you bring me over to the dark side, a couple of my batik happy quilting friends would be most delighted with you. They've been trying to convert me for ages!!