Old 04-29-2011, 06:34 PM
carolaug

I agree...this is not a toy. its AWESOME! and I like that that it does not plug in or need a computer to use...the dies are worth it...I look at how much rulers and rotary blades cost...I hated cutting fabric now I love it and look forward to do it while watching TV. I never have to fuss with my shapes and its a breeze to sew. I am not one to waste money...and I would not want to quilt without one. totally worth it...and no waste..I have small dies shapes and cut them all once I am done a project. I can also cut a bunch of shapes for future quilts. I store them neatly in a box.
Originally Posted by JoanneS
Originally Posted by JUNEC
Accuquilt cutters are like an XBox - They are expensive to purchase and you have to buy the games or in this case the dies to use with it.
Honestly, for me it's worth the money, because it saves me pain from arthritis in my thumbs and pain in my back from standing so long to rotary cut, because I have degenerated discs. Very little waste fabric, because I can quickly 'rough' cut strips before using the Go. If you consider the Go an expensive toy, then you don't need it. If you think it's a tool that will help you avoid pain and make more quilts faster, then you probably both need and want it IMHO.