Old 04-29-2011, 08:11 PM
BoJangles

Kathie, once you get this addiction there really is no cure!

On a good note, I redid my sewing room again. I took out the Free Company treadle since he has made a couple nice quilts for me. I put my 127 Sphinx in the sewing room to give it a whirl as my piecing machine. I have been using the Sphinx for heming jeans, etc., but decided I needed to really give it a try as my piecing machine. I want to rotate all my treadles in and out of the sewing room eventually. I loved using the Free as it is like treadling on water -- so smooth and easy. The 127 treadles much harder, but I think it sews a better stitch than the Free -- only because I had to really hold onto my fabric to keep it sewing straight when I used the Free - it always wanted to pull the fabric sideways. I have read that some of the vintage machines did that because the feed dogs were different lengths. I started a baby quilt today on the Sphinx -- we will see how I like using it everyday. The next one I want to try is my Wheeler & Wilson. Right now the W&W is the machine I use for mending. I have a lot of fun using these treadles. I hope you all are actually using your treadles too!

Nancy