Old 03-21-2009, 10:06 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Izy
Originally Posted by Rhonda
Izy I didn't say it before but I think you did a better job of adapting your flower design to a bookmark than I could have done!! I was looking at your bookmark again and thinking how can I do something similar? I never ever steal anyones design but I can be inspired to make my own!
I realized this morning if I took yours to Kalona it would sell in a heartbeat!!! It is really stunning and the paper piecing allows for such tiny slivers. I may have to try paper piecing if I could make it look as good! I have been adamantly opposed to PP but what do you know I may change my mind!
Bookmarks are my second best seller at Kalona so if you ever want to do a money maker for a charity or whatever you really have a winner!!

Send em to me I'll move them for you! Haha!
Rhonda I am ever so touched that you seem to like my work, as I think your work is outstanding, and I don't think I will ever achieve what you do :D

I might just take you up on that offer :wink: Well this one will be given as part of a birthday present tomorrow, so I will see whether it goes down well or not :lol:

The original pattern was just for the centre 'bud' shape, which is why I added the internal green layer, I finished it off, took one look at it and thought it need more...so I just drew a couple of extra lines to form the petals, though it is not a true rendition of any flower I have every seen lol!!

Yesterday, I did abit of experimenting, as the downside of paper piecing is the ripping it out, especially on these tiny projects. So I used fine fusible stabilizer, the weight you use for watercolour projects,but without the grid markings, it worked really well, as long as you don't use a really hot iron, or you could very easily fuse down the excess fabric :D

I was going to post a picture of the block...but when I photographed it I noticed a big gaff, I used the wrong fabric...oh heck I will show you all anyway lol, I will be doing some rip rip ripping...grrrrhhhh :lol: :lol:

Izy thank you for your kind works but what I do is just smoke and mirrors. When you know the tricks it is unbelievably easy. It just looks complicated but it isn't any more comlicated than putting together a 9 patch.

I love the compliments but I am always hearing people who think you could not do what I do but it is all in the tricks of the trade!

Yes I do a lot of 1" and 1 1/4" work which I will allow that a lot of people would not mess with but I have to challenge myself or I get bored and you wouldn't like me when I get bored!!!

What part of your pp is the wrong fabric?