View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 04:23 AM
k9dancer

Originally Posted by deema
Originally Posted by Bobbielinks
By the time your get this I hope your machine is stitching good again. If it's not, it sounds like the pressor foot height is not where it should be. I believe I read that the skipped stitches begin right after the pressor foot goes "up and over" the seam. Would it be that the pressor foot needs to be lowered just a tad to hold the fabric down so the stitches can be formed. It may be just a tad to high as it comes over the
You are absolutely right - the presser foot isn't coming down from the seam...right after, the tail end of the foot is still on the seam, holding the front end up, but the machine is sewing beyond the seam at that point. The foot isn't meeting the fabric until the back of the foot is past the seam. I've adjusted the height, but maybe I need to go lower. Thanks!
Have you tried adjusting the pressure on the presser foot? It's that screw on top of the machine that is right over the foot. Turn it to the left, counterclockwise, to increase the pressure a bit and see if that helps.