View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 08:51 AM
dmackey

Lin,

I just remembered the name of the Hoffman fabrics. It is called Fusions and they have quite a few of the gradient designs. The print that I have used in the past was tiny sprigs of leaves in the designs but I don't see any on equilter. My local shop just purchased the whole line after seeing a baby quilt top that I had done using some of the fabric in five shades of blue. I had gotten the fabric at the Lowell Quilt Festival in MA.

When I walked into that same store and saw a cobalt blue Fairy Frost, I fell in love with the line. I saw a few colors there, but a web search showed me that there was many and they are just stunning. This is one fabric line that anyone would want lots of yardage of each color.

I'm not very good at selecting colors for quilts, but these fabrics make it so much easier for me. They cost big money, but if I am going to make a quilt, then I want it to be heirloom and gorgeous, not just something to throw around. I have so little time to sew, and I want the effort to be worth it.

I get the equilter news letter and each week, there are about 300 new fabrics, so it is a great way to see what is new, but it is awful that I can't afford to purchase everything I love. I have to stick to my monthly quilting budget and that is way to low to satisfy my hunger! LOL!

Diane