Old 04-30-2011, 05:56 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by mamajack3
I have a question. I just got me a FW and am so excited. She is a beauty with very little wear. When I received her the motor purrs, the needle goes up and down but it didn't sew. I changed the needle messed with the bobbin and she sewed like a champ until I ran out of bobbin thread. After I filled the bobbin she is doing the same thing. Help! I really want to play with my new toy. Any thoughts or suggestions?
When you reinserted the bobbin case did you make sure the case was latched in correctly? Did you hear it snap in place with the finger of the bobbin case in the slot? The bobbin case should be inserted with the thread drawing from the top of the case. Did you thread the bobbin case correctly with the thread coming from the top of the bobbin as you inserted it into the bobbin case - drawing from right to left? Did you thread the bobbin case correctly drawing the thread into the slot in the case and back under the tension spring into the slot at the end of the tension spring?

I'd re-thread the bobbin and re-insert the whole case. Did you change the needle a second time then put it back wrong? The flat side of the needle has to be to the left then threaded from right to left.

Hope this helps, let us know!

Nancy