Old 04-30-2011, 07:51 AM
Kitzone

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Kitzone
Thanks Nancy ~ looked at the White site and it must be prior as the Domestic dates start at 1929. I need a hint on threading.... the metal piece under the tension thumb screw (on top of the arm) doesn't seem to have a hole to thread the thread through. Am I missing something??

Judy
Judy it is confusing, but there really is no 'hole' it is more like a thread groove or slot to get your thread between the tension plates on top. Your thread goes from the spool pin to the slot which places the thread in the tension assembly (that flat metal thing on top).

From the tension assembly (it is called the tension spring and cap) the thread goes through a hole (actual hole) called the eyelet spring on the top of the head.

Does this help?

Nancy
It appears that someone decided to replace the "tension spring and cap" (thank you for sharing the proper name) to make it look like it was complete. I scrounged around and found a replacement. Baffling to say the least. Also discovered about 100 yards of very old thread wrapped around the drive wheel. I was wondering if this was a way to keep the belt from slipping???

Judy

1890's Domestic No. 4 Cabinet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]191062[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-191056.jpe   attachment-191057.jpe   attachment-191058.jpe