Old 04-30-2011, 07:52 AM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
I was able to set up my Singer 328k in the treadle today. It works! Here are some photos of him in treadle, how the treadle belt is threaded through the machine, and some of the decorative stitches that I made while treadling him. The electric cord on side isn't being used; it is just sitting off to the side of treadle.
Okay did you have to make the opening larger in the treadle for the machine? I love the looks of it in the treadle and you guys did a great job!!

I am going to make mine into a treadle model!!

Billy
Nope, I didn't have to make the opening larger, just had to remove that narrow black plate (belt plate?) that has the large spring underneath attached to it. The machine head fits nicely into the cabinet, pins line up and all! And I did this project all on my own; my husband didn't help. It treadles a bit hard right now since the belt hits in front a small area of the machine under the bobbin winder ( I posted that picture already). I have a straight-leg treadle, but that has been modified to hold my Two Spools. If the straight-leg had a Singer, I would switch heads out to see if the Singer 328 works better in the straight-leg treadle. I think the 328 just might be design to sit in a straight-leg treadle. The belt should be more parallel to the machine than what it is now, which is why I think the straight-leg treadle would work better. This is a fun project!
Sweet I am going to keep my machine instead of selling it. I only gave $6 for it and it runs like a champ! At least I will have some spare parts and I needed to rob the foot pedal for an FW repaint.

I will cut the notch out in my machine if it needs it, remember my set up is a little different with my machine almost 3" further away from the treadle for the top I am using. So maybe the geometry will be a little bit better.

Billy