Old 04-30-2011, 08:24 AM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by Kitzone
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Judy I love your Domestic, I have 2 of them now and I need to see what year my other one is. Unfortunately it is still in NO and I have to run to my BIL's to get it. But I am anxious to see it and bring it home.

I really love how nice yours is and it looks like it was well cared for. That was a wonderful score!!

Billy
Hi Billy~ Glad you weathered the storm. I haven't heard from Glenn and wondered if anyone else has been in contact with him?

Also was wondering if you had a source for dating Domestic's? Needle bar Serial # 1429292. I'm guessing she's in 1890's. She's a little nicked here and there but you can tell that she was a SM that had been loved.

Judy
The star in the irons clue you off to a 1890's model and the serial is on up there. I cant remember mine right off the top of my head but it is an 1882 and the other one I have no idea. I had a friend date it for me by using her warranty records that she has from the company and where certain serials fall in between them. The more numbers that she has the better the base will be and we will be able to have a definitive source for dating.

Billy