View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 08:38 AM
BKrenning

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
Originally Posted by BKrenning
I crease all the sewing lines first to help make sure I have the right size fabric and it helps remove the paper later. I leave all the papers on until I start joining the blocks to make rows unless there is going to be too much in the seam allowances to sew over. If that happens, I try to just remove the paper in the seam allowance. Cheap tablet or newsprint type paper works best for me. I had some old fashioned type writer paper when I first started and that stuff was perfect but I can't find it any more.
I think it is now referred to a "copy paper". (Do people still own a typewriter?)
Copy paper is thicker than the old typewriter paper was. People used to put 2 sheets of typewriter paper in at a time or at least that's how we were taught to do it in business class a few decades ago. I think it was probably thinner because we also used carbon paper to "cc" people or make a file copy so you could load 3 pages plus 2 carbons easily without jamming up the typewriter.

And yes, there are still typewriters in use at many government offices. It's hard to get the workers to turn loose of equipment that they've been using for 40 years even if all they use it for now is to print file folder labels.