Thread: What to do?
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 10:22 AM
IrishQuilter

For Christmas I made my Mom, Aunt and my brother a quilt. The tops were finished, I just needed to get them quilted. Mom's was being quilted, she had picked it out so she had seen hers.

Here is the problem. Right after Christmas, we found out Mom has colon/rectal cancer, it is comming along good with radation and chemo, she got her quilt the first radiation treatment, she loves it!

My Aunt just found out she has cancer on her kidney, she doesn't have her quilt yet, I had to make adjustments and with mom and going to school, just haven't had time to finish.

This is the first two quilts I have made and given to people. Should I quit making quilts and giving them out? Am I really killing off my family? Should I burn my brothers quilt?

Mom told me that she had cancer before we even bought the stuff for it. So go ahead and finish them.

I know in a few months we are going to have a good laugh over this. Should I be afraid to give anyone a quilt I have made? Would you want a quilt from me if you were in my family?