View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 02:09 PM
twinkie
Power Poster

I have experienced something that will help to explain the magnitude of these storms. My DH and I came home this afternoon from visiting my former house. A very old oak tree about 125 years old and the trunk being 3 foot in diameter was in the front yard of my former home. I loved this tree and spent many hours sitting under it out in the yard. The tree was brought down during the storm and fell on the house. When I saw it, I cried.
As we drove into the yard of our current home, my DH said, "There is something in the front yard. Why do people have to throw out their trash in other people's yards?" He got out of the car and went and picked it up. It was a cancelled check from Tuscaloosa Iron and Metals Co., Inc., Tuscaloosa, Al. This company is over 100 miles away. The check was written in 1996 and made it's way all the way to our house. I understand they are finding things as far away as Tennessee (another 60 miles away). Right now, the death toll for Alabama alone is 249 as of 12:35 today. These people really need our prayers.