Old 04-30-2011, 03:24 PM
desertrose

Originally Posted by purplemem
I've been moving through Stuff also. I recycled the quilting magazines to Senior Citizens. They are very loved and used.

I've gone through my house and if I don't love, I don't want it. It is taking up valuable space in my home and my head.

Now fabric? No. I have given away many, many yards to those who are making charity quilts. I give fabric gifts to other sewers when they see something I have they like. And I make lots and lots of charity quilts. (anything I'm not paid for is a charity quilt) This week I am working on a quilt for someone in chemo.

It is very freeing and relaxing to not have the responsibility for all that stuff.

Purplemem, I'm with you I collect remnants from everywhere I can find them and use them for charity quilts. When I run low or out of fabrics I start the yard sales and help sites and obtain more fabrics and start charity quilting again. Recycling someone elses cast off fabric into something usuful for someone who needs cheering up is a good feeling... :-D :-D :-D