View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 05:33 PM
Kitsapquilter

Another DP9 done all out of my stash. I fussy cut all the focus blocks. It limited me as to how many I could use since I wanted all of them to lay the same way but I think it turned out pretty good. I had more blocks left but in trying to keep with sort of a pattern in laying it out those blocks would not fit. I will think of something to use them for.
I am going to use either flannel or fleece for backing. The baby is still in the hospital so if I put a darker fabric as a backing they can use it over his incubator. If I don't hurry though he might be out of the incubator before I get it done. He is growing and gaining weight pretty fast now. He was 2lbs 7oz. at birth and lost down to 2.2. Now he is a tad over 3 lbs. And he is only 3 weeks old. He is a little trooper!!

I hope he will like his quilt. This will be the first one he gets but I also have crib quilt ready to be quilted for him too.

DP9 with fussy-cut blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]191266[/ATTACH]

Close up of some blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]191267[/ATTACH]

More blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]191268[/ATTACH]

Close up of Border fabrics
[ATTACH=CONFIG]191270[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-191260.jpe   attachment-191261.jpe   attachment-191262.jpe   attachment-191264.jpe