View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 07:43 PM
BellaBoo
Power Poster

I had a great time. I miss the show not being all in one place but everything was set up very nice for such short notice. It made the show seem much bigger and it was exciting to think I've seen all there is at this building and I have many more places to go and see more. It seemed I never ran out of places to go. Everyone was in a good mood even the vendors who were cramped and moved all over.
Eleanor Burns was as always the friendliest, sweetest quilt legend you'll ever meet.
I thought the quilts this year were the best I've ever seen! Everyone was a winner. Until you see them in person you can't know the detail and the perfection in each one. I was stunned at the quality workmanship of these quilts One quilt took my breath away. I stood and stared at it. Every quilt had that quality but this one was IT for me. It is The Loading Dock by Mary S. Buvia,
Greenwood, IN. http://www.ihqs.org/images/2011gallery/index.html The picture does not do this quilt justice at all. The colors were gorgeous.
It was my vote for Viewer's Choice. The colors, the design, the theme, everything about this quilt was just plain beautiful.

The winning Best of Show quilt was stunning in color but not the prettiest to me but when I saw the detail in the quilt I knew why it won Best in Show. It was unbelievable.

I am so motivated to slow down and give the quilts I make the attention that shows my love for quilting, not just have it done.