Thread: quillow
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 07:38 AM
T.

Yes you can use flannel on the back, so you can use the flannel side when you really want warmth, and in the summer I use the cotton side when napping. I have made over 70 of them. No two look alike. After I wash the materials, when they don't shrink the same amount, I straighten the materials, but don't cut the extra off. I use the extra as the binding for one side; so that saves me from having to turn it inside out through a tiny little hole. Sometimes I even have enough for the binding on both ends. I use Warm & Natural, it gives it more body & because I don't like to breath the fiber of the batting when you work with it; plus you have to quilt more so it doesn't shift. I have used fleece with cotton, it's a little bit tricky because of the stretch. I found that even with fleece you still need the Warm & Natural for more warmth. I recently made one with fleece & cotton with Warm & Natural in the middle; (my husband said it's his favorite, and even said that when he dies, burry him in it :)
Hope that helps

Originally Posted by suern3
I wish I would have used flannel for the second side. I found perfect fabric for my DGS who was into star wars at the time and used a matching star fabric for the back, but he said it feels cold to him.