View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 09:36 AM
JudyG

Absolutely stunning, Lesley. I can't believe how far along you are. How wide are your small borders? I believe she used 1" or just a little larger for the 7" blocks in the wallhanging, but I thought I needed a wider small border since I am using 10" blocks and making a queen size quilt. Of course, I may change my mind when I actually get to that point.

I haven't yet purchased that fabric, I just saw it online the other day and liked it and thought it would make a nice small border if I don't make something really special like Lesley did. I'm going to order it and see if it works. If it doesn't work for the border, you may see it in future applique pieces!

Actually, Patti, I think Elle was the first to post her center on point. But here are my first 18 blocks layed out on point. Still haven't decided whether to sash or not. How do you go about deciding which block goes where?????

As an aside - my DH (?the D) came in while I was laying them out and wanted to know what I was doing with those "weird things you've been making." He's not on my favorites list right now.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-191561.jpe