Thread: Prom pictures
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Lisa_wanna_b_quilter

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
My daughter's senior prom was last night, too. No more girl proms in this house. I really shouldn't complain. We have never spent over $100 for a prom. The girl was born cheap.
Before buying this dress we hit every thrift shop trying to find something that would fit her. If she had been a bean pole then we would have many choices. Any dress' we found for a girl of her size was down right ugly and frumpy.
We are very lucky here for thrift stores and this year's dress did come from one. Do you have a store called "Deb's" in a mall near you? They have sizes up to 24W and if you hit the after prom sales you can be shocked at some of the prices. One dress we bought cost $20 and another that we bought and altered was only $7.50. We have often bought a dress ahead of time because my daughter's tastes are pretty firm. If she likes it now, she will like it for the next dance.

Who knows? If you keep your eyes open, you two might stumble on something fabulous before the next dance and be able to stretch your "going all out" money and still have left overs.