View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 10:30 AM
NannySandy

Thanks Lynne and Mary. Mary, I started out by just cutting back on my portion sizes of food. I was hooked on Dr Pepper and not diet Dr Pepper. I do not like the aftertaste of diet sodas, plus they have appetite enhancers in them. I love water, which is a good thing. I have cut way back on my sweet tea, as I only like it if it's sweet. I havent had a glass of sweet tea in about 3 wks now. DH only likes unsweet so I rarely make sweet tea. I no longer keep junk food in my house. NONE!! The most fattening thing in my house is popcorn, and it's plain, not buttered. Since I've cut back on my portions, I have realized how good it feels to not eat until feeling so stuffed. It is a good feeling. I have had so many problems with my knee, it was not easy to get out and about. So, when I really wanted something fattening, or bad, to eat, it just wasn't worth the hassle of me driving into town to get it. Granted we are only 3 miles out of town, but with my knee problems, that was a big deal. I had knee replacement surgey 3 weeks ago. I'm not up and about much, which helps in not going into the kitchen and eating or nibbling just for the sake of it. The best advice I can give is to get off sodas, if you're hooked on them as I was. They are so full of sodium, and to cut back on your portion size, and exercise. Listen at me recommending exercise. This coming from someone that HATES to exercise. However, I have come to realize that it takes exercise, or any kind of moving, along with eating healthier, to get the lbs off. I wish you the best of luck in this venture. WE CAN DO THIS! WE ARE DOING THIS!!!!!!! Keep up the good work everyone. Sandy