View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 10:24 AM
Alaskan lady

Originally Posted by nana2
The colors are so GREAT!!!! And I love this pattern. My daughter and grand daughter lived in Alaska on The Kenia and I was able to visit with them several times. Each time I see your picture, my heart sort of longs to visit Alaska again. On one of my visits, I was fortunate to get to go to the quilt show there -- Quilting on The Kenia. I was surprised that there really weren't quilts with the "Alaska" theme. I did visit Robin's Place and did purchase some patterns by the Mt. Redoubt quilting lady. Her name escapes me at the moment. I suppose that looking out your window and seeing your beautiful surroundings each day would sort of bring into play the fact that it would be difficult to really capture this great beauty in quilts or even pictures. I do plan to get at least one quilt from these patterns made some day soon just because I loved Alaska's beauty.
Thank you. So glad you like my avatur :-) I have yet to make it to the Kenia even though I have lived in Ak. for 25 yrs. I have a good friend that has moved to Soldotna so hope to see her in the next few yrs. Travel off the island is pretty expensive.