View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 12:09 PM
cheezythequiltmaker

Can you remove the underwires so you can sew and then re-isert them when you close up the last bit of lining.

I don't know if this is praticla but you could face it with a lining. Make the lining the same shape as the cups and place them right sides together. sticthe round onthe machine leaving a turning gap ( near where you want to re-insert the underwire) turn and then reinsert the underwire and close up the gap. Depending onconstruction you could do both cups and the side starps at the same time. like facing a top.

hope that helps. Maybe not on this project but the next one :o)

Originally Posted by bluteddi
hmmm I think I would have ( I know , kinda late now -- maybe u could add it and still do it this way??) made the edges just a bit longer, folded then toward the inside of each cup, then hot glue the " underwire areas" together, thus catching the " binding" in the glu area. Turn the wrong side out and trim any extra quilted fabric to the edge.
or
glue underwire areas together, then glue or hand stitch some sore of large trim ( pearls, rick rack gimp, etc) to hide the glued areas

after going back I see u covered the side straps too.. most of the ones I've seen were made into purses and the side straps were cut off...leaving just the shoulder straps for purse handles..

ignore me if u making a truely quilted bra.... smile