View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 12:34 PM
FroggyinTexas

Originally Posted by glenda5253
I would like to hear from you quilters that have made "Grandmother's Fan" as to the level of difficulty. I'm asking because that was the pattern that Mom used whenever a grandchild married. She would find out what the couple's favorite color was and make a queen size quilt for them. Since she passed away two years ago there has been one grandson to marry and another will marry in May. I'm thinking about continuing the tradition only with a scrappy GF from my stash. So how would you rate this pattern, please?
I ordered the "Easy Dresden" ruler from Missouri Quilt company and watched the tutorial on how to use it. The ruler comes with a template to make the round Grandmother's Fan. I think it is a little more challenging than the Dresden plate, but neither is difficult.

I have become addicted to Dresden plate because it is so simple and is such a great way to use scraps. Why don't you look at the Missouri Quilt company tutorial on YouTube and see what you think? What you are proposing to do is a lovely gesture. froggyintexas