Old 05-01-2011, 12:50 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by milp04
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Just got word that McKenna is closing down her "Grandmother's" and "Necchilady" sites today due to dealing with nastiness from ill-mannered folk. If you look quick, you can see my "new" Howe A, currently residing in my LR:

http://www.grandmotherssewingmachine...treadle_2.html
I like your Howe A, beautiful!
Sad to hear this. I learned lots just from visiting her site. I read all of her pages. I would look at all the cool machines and then research on additional information on those that interested me the most. Bummers :(
Hi MizJohnny,

What amazing pictures and information are at the two websites. I wrote her a email encouraging her not to stop her websites. It would be such a waste of her time and information about these machines. I just wouldn't want this to be lost. I have an older Necchi machine and didn't even know these sites existed. I've been encouraged as I read through her pages.

Hopefully she'll reconsider.

Pam M
Yes, I hope she will reconsider too. But if she doesn't I can understand that too.

I'm always surprised at how nasty, mean, and down right rude some folks can be. And sometimes more so on the internet and boards like this because some are hiding behind pseudo names.

But there are lots of good folks out there that are willing to share and help each other. It is just sad that the rude folks can't be big enough or polite enough to leave well enough alone or learn to say a simple thank you for the time you took out of your day to try to help.

I have enjoyed her blog/board and the wealth of information that she shared with the rest of the world. From her and this board, I have learn so much about vintage machines. I do hope she does keep her blog up since it is very well done and extremely helpful for identifying machines.