View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 02:17 PM
RugosaB

Originally Posted by Barbm
we have central vac with tons of suction- anything in its path and slurp! it's gone. Before we installed hardwood floors I used the vac AND the regular vacuum to get all the dog hair. The cost for a beater bar on the central vac- $325.00- 9 years ago. We have the Hoover upright, I went for the allergen removing (i.e. hair) one which was about $159.00.

My son and spouse think vacuuming once a week is sufficient. I beg to differ, but it's their job so I live with the hair on the couch. They get the idea I want it vacuumed when I won't sit down.
This will NOT help the OP, but what brand of central vac do you have?
25 years ago I worked at an electrical whoolesaler, and as an employee, I could buy anything they sold for 10% over their cost. We were in the process of remodeling, to the point of opening up walls, and hubby is extremely handy, so we bought and installed a Nutone.
I can't remember what everything cost, but I didn't relize the beaters were so much. We have very little carpet in our house though.

I probably jinxed myself, the thing will probably break now, but like I said, 25 years and no problems.

The only thing I don't like about, is that it is vented to the outside, so the whole little town I live in, hears when I use it, or I should say, how LITTLE I use it