Old 05-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Ps 150

My 6 year old daughter got an early birthday present today: a kitten. She loves cats and since she's turning 7 in July, we thought she might be old enough to take on the responsibility of a pet. So, we told her if she could diligently care for our 14 year old cat since Christmas, then she could get her own cat for her birthday and she wanted a white, fluffy one. It's a few months early but when a friend said her cat had had kittens and one of them was a white, fluffy kitten, we knew this was the one. Her name is "Kitty" after "Hello Kitty". We went and brought her home today.

She came to me this afternoon and asked if she could make a fluffy bed for her kitten. So, I got out everything to make a "Ten Minute Tablerunner" and she just cut the fabric a little shorter than what we would have done for the tablerunner. It's made of flannel and oh so soft. Kitty has done her job and attacked the pointed ends several times but, being a kitten, hasn't slept yet to try out the bed. :lol:

My DD and the tablerunner/bed she made.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]191777[/ATTACH]

A better shot of the bed.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]191778[/ATTACH]

Kitty, trying out her new bed.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]191779[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-191771.jpe   attachment-191772.jpe   attachment-191773.jpe