Old 05-01-2011, 05:26 PM
melinda1962

Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by melinda1962
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone had a source for a free manual for a Pfaff Automatic 230. I got the machine one day for $10, with a box of attachments galore, which I don't know some of them. It does a ton of stitches, but I need to figure them out. TIA

By the way, cute new machines everybody. I think it is pretty neat to find the saved ones. I am going to have to find some new homes for some of mine....maybe. It is getting a little crowded in the sewing room.
you can google search sewing machine attachments and find all kinds of wonderful info on how to use attachments for about any machine - it is all a matter of if you have high, low or slant shank. So many are low shank and are interchangeable from one machine to another. To figure out the stitches just kind of experiment and use trial and error until you get it. Most of it is common sense. Some times it takes a while. There should be manuals on line for most machines or similar machines. It took me a couple weeks to figure out my 'new' Elna with out a manual. If you get stuck I'm sure someone on here will have some idea what to do.
I had looked and the main thing I need is the Stitch guide. Apparently it is similar to my singer 319w in that different combinations of knobs and such change the stitches. It has some internal knobs, and external ones as well. The 319 manual was mostly how to change the stitches.