Old 05-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Nanamoms

This suggestion if from someone who has made poodle skirts for pageants. Just updated one this week. There is a "sew a seam" glue by singer (and some other brands) but we always used a "good" glue to sew on the leash braid. Also, you can use it to tack down the poodle appliques. Saves lots of time. Believe me, I did 4 different outfits in 2 days, not the actual sewing of the outfits but "redoing" things the seamstress didn't do quite right and altering the clothes to fit 3 yo twins. I made bows, put stones on the glitzy outfits. This used to be what I did prior to having to slow down due to disability. Just imagine putting thousands of size 16 (teeny) rhinestones on by hand. No sewing, everything placed just right with a "special glue made for that purpose! Many many hours of work. But to see the finished project gives you so much joy! And especially when you get comments from other 'famous' seamstresses!!

Good luck with your poodle skirts. I think the worst part is getting the hem straight. There is a pattern for it though!!