Old 05-02-2011, 07:01 AM
misseva

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by misseva
I have this sewing machine that had LaRaine on it but when I started cleaning it there was a Honeymoon decal underneath. The shuttle has Davis on it. Anyone seen or heard of one like it?
Misseva, yes Davis has a treadle called the 'Honeymoon.' What I don't understand is why it says 'LaRaine' until you cleaned it up and now it says 'Honeymoon?' Am I reading this right? You started cleaning up your 'LaRaine' treadle only to find the silver looking decals turned to red and now the machine says 'Honeymoon?' The true 'Honeymoon' style that Davis made does have the same reddish looking decals. That is definitely a Davis machine, but I don't understand why it said 'LaRaine' and now Honeymoon unless I am not understanding what you are talking about?
I think everyone on here is waiting for someone else to answer this puzzle as it is very confusing, actually a little mind boggling to me?

Nancy
As you can see from the front of the machine - it was just - black. If you look real close it appears to have a label (?) on the front. I failed to take a pix from the back that showed the LaRaine logo. And when I started cleaning the place on the front that was solid black I detected the Honeymoon logo. Same thing on the back, when I started cleaning the LaReine logo it came off and the Honeymoon logo was there. I supposed it was sold by a department store. It had LaReine, LaReine, La. on it. I couldn't find anything about it in my internet search. I am attaching a picture on the cabinet. I can't believe I didn't take a pix of the back!!!! Thought sure I had

LaReine #3
[ATTACH=CONFIG]191935[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-191929.jpe