View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 07:14 AM
BellaBoo
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Originally Posted by akrogirl
I would never buy a new car for a teenager. Go for an older Volvo - they don't get much more solid than that.
--------------------------------------------

If you are determined to spend all that money on a niece, why not get the older car and put the rest into some college money for her? And suggest nicely that she get a job to pay insurance and maintenance? It'll make her grow up faster.
The car won't be brand spanking new off the show room floor (We would never by a brand new car, too much money lost for the new) but no older then two years. Her college money is taken care of so she won't have to work and go to school too. She will be interning during the summer for no pay but good experience and will need a car of her own. She has an after school job now and works on weekends but that's her choice. She as no parents, she lives with us. And I don't want to be a chauffeur or carless all summer. DH says the Honda seems like the best choice. He was thinking of an Impala but I said no that's too old for her. She's young and needs to feel young while she can. Thanks for the Volvo info. We do have a dealer not to far away.