View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 07:17 AM
Grama Lehr

Our guild, THE NITE OWLS, are doing much doing all of the above, the only thing they don't do is the Big sister, Little sister program, that sounds really interesting.
I only joined our guild in January, but I love it and have already made several new friends. I LOVE IT!! :D
Our charities are Ronald Mc Donald house, Quilts of Valor and the babies at the local Neo-natal ward of the hospital. We are also doing quilts for Japan. We have a free sew the third Saturday of the month when we work on these projects.
I have really enjoyed every single moment of my time spent with the guild!
Our dues are $35 a year. This sounds kinda silly, but it makes it easy to remember. The month you were born, you bring snacks, and a "gift" to raffle off. They sell raffle tickets, 5 for a dollar, and the money goes to the guild fund. They do block of the month, I am not real sure how that one works. They pull names at the beginning of the meeting for attendance, and you get all kinds of things for being there. We also make blocks for those sick or in the hospital. They are a kind caring bunch of women.