View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 03:01 PM
M.I.Late

Originally Posted by luv2so
Right here. I've been sewing since I was 12 (65 now) and doing machine embroidery for 17 years. Decided it was time to learn to quilt so I found this group to join. I was hoping I could learn from these ladies and gentleman. And believe me I have. I've learned that I was going to embark on a journey that I was never going to learn. The quilts and projects I see here are amazing. I just gave up the idea but still like to see all the beautiful things the group makes. I'd embarrass myself if I even attempted to quilt, if even a wallhanging.
Luv2so,
Maybe you should try to do something simple first. Lots of times groups are more of bragging dens than helpful places to learn. This board is not the case. If you know how to operate your sewing machine - you are more than half way there. You just need something simple to start with. Perhaps try a "rag quilt" they are the best, easiest to learn to on. There are many people here willing to help you learn and several that are willing to adopt a newbie to quilting. You may get several who are anxious to take your hand and walk you through step by step. Believe me you can make a quilt and you owe it to yourself to do it...