View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 04:29 PM
NannySandy

Here's my story: Im 53 yrs old. Was skin and bones until I got into my 20's, then I started packing on the pounds. I have done roller coaster weight loss over the years. I tore the meniscus in my right knee several months ago. I got to the point I could not walk. This knee problem really made my need to lose weight hit home. I had surgery for my meniscal tear in Dec. Knee just got wore; became bone on bone, so I had total knee replacement 3 wks ago, tomorrow. I got serious about my wt loss in December, so it has taken me about 4 1/2 months to lose 22.2 lbs. I started out by making small changes in my food portions and cutting out sodas. I love water so drinking plenty of water is no problem for me. I have a long way to go, to reach my ultimate long range goal. I have set small goals which will eventually add up to my long range goal. I need all the encouragement, motivation, cheering, and inspiration I can get. It is so nice to have this thread to share this journey with others going through the same thing. My exercising is limited, until my knee heals completely, but I realize how very important it is to watch food intake AND exercise. We CAN all do this!!!!! Good luck to us all. Sandy