Old 05-02-2011, 06:48 PM
AZTeri

I'm about to move my room from a smallish room downstairs to my son's bedroom upstairs. He's in college, graduates next year, and we are going to turn what is now my room into a more formal guest room that he'll use when he's home. It's got an adjacent bath, so it's easier on my father when he stays here with our dogs while we travel.

I've been thinking about what I want and here's the requirements (most of which will not be a problem)

my desk with computer. It's a big desk with a hutch, holds my correspondence, quilt and scrapbook books, project notebook, Bible study materials

Two bookcases that are full of scrapbook paper, doodads, etc. I'll rearrange them some when I move upstairs, because I'll be able to move around the rolling plastic filing cabinets.

TV - need to figure out how to get cable in that room though - may just put the converter box in there though :)

Table with my scanner and Cricut

Wants: Design wall - shouldn't be a problem, there is a large enough wall to mound something there

Large table for cutting - high enough so I don't have to bend over, and maybe expandable to be able to hold a king sized quilt

New ironing board - my friend showed me how she took a 2" piece of plywood, covered it with batting and fabric, framed it with 2x4's and it sits right on top of her ironing board. Need to get dh or ds to make one of those for me!

The room has a large window that overlooks the street, but that's ok - lots of natural light.

I can't wait until June when we actually do the move! I'll take a picture and post what I currently have and you'll see why I need a bigger room! :D
Attached Thumbnails attachment-192231.jpe