Old 05-02-2011, 08:13 PM
insgal62

Originally Posted by Candace
It's NOT LQS quality. I've bought a lot of it and have used a lot of it. But, I believe it's worth the price. However, I'd prefer to buy LQS quality fabric on clearance or on sale to get the better quality fabric for a similar price.
Thanks for responding Candace!

My biggest problem is I live in a small town and we only have 1 LQS and they never run sales ever. Whatever they have in clearance is either junky looking or they would never have enough quantity that I would need to make this quilt as I need over 15 yds of 1 color for the top and binding and backing. And because I need a black tone on tone and a nice grey fabric to match the pattern on the black, going to JoAnn Fabrics or Hancock Fabicks is out of the question. So using an online fabric store is really my only option. The only black tone on tone JoAnn's had that had a print I liked was very flimsy and thin and you could see right through it. this quilt is to be a wedding gift to last for years and I don't want to use crummy fabric. But I can't afford to pay $12.99 a yd at the LQS plus the cost of having a queen sized quilt professionally quilted. So, I was hoping to get better fabric than JoAnn's without breaking the bank. That's why I was curious to see if Connecting Threads fabric is at least better than JoAnn's, because their prices are fairly reasonable on the fabrics I wanted.