View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 08:57 PM
lisalisa

One day I asked my best friend(who is also my biggest fan), "you want a black and white quilt"? She said "sure" and off we went.

I had some of her old dresses and lots of scraps.

This was also the same time that I became a frequent visitor to QB and also the time that she got a blackberry.
As we would chat every night, I'd read the QB every night and between her being my muse and you all giving me ideas
this thing took on a life of it's own.

You name it. It's here. If you see one of your ideas, take a bow because I probably borrowed it from you.

And in that we called it "Epic Journey". Cause it truly was a journey for us both and the end result was certainly epic.

I thought about sashing it but really didn't want the blocks to have focus.
I like that they all run into each other and makes it almost impossible to single out the individual units. The Glow in the dark quilting was sort of an after thought so it is a bit broken up here and there. I used black thread in some places at first.

It's not perfect by any means, but it didn't need to be. My BFF loves it. I love it. It's soo warm.
That's all that matters.

Big thanks to you all for making me able to do this. I wouldn't have been able to pull something this massive off a few months ago without you all, and
it wouldn't have come out anything like it is without my BFF there to inspire me. It's OUR masterpiece.

her kids hand prints in the middle
[ATTACH=CONFIG]192272[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-192261.jpe   attachment-192266.jpe