View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 09:22 PM
twinkie
Power Poster

Once Upon A Christmas Night was done by Sieglinde Schoen Smith from Carlisle, PA. Santa Claus Has Come to Kirara's Hometown was done by Ayako Kawakami, Funabashi, Chiba, Japan, Smiles by Sieglinde and The Loading Dock was done by Mary S. Buvia, Greenwood, In. Because I had to be in a scooter during the show, I could not go to all of the buildings. I did not see the quilt "Smiles". I tried to enlarge it to see if I could tell if it was embroidered. I could not tell. It is not listed under the category of applique so it may be. It did not look like it was applique. Perhaps some of the others who attended could answer this question. The only reason I posted the picture of the man entitles "On My Bed #3" is that it looked so real. It was not one of my favorites either.

Originally Posted by Karenn
Thank you so much for sharing all these gorgeous pictures! In this post you mention having the book from this show. Once Upon A Christmas Night, Santa Claus Has Come To Kirara's Hometown, Smiles and The Loading Dock are all so special. Did Sieglinde Schoen Smith happen to be the artist who produced Once Upon A Christmas Night? I ask because the work looks a lot like a quilt she made for a book titled Mother Earth And Her Children. And was Smiles all embroidered pictures or were they all appliqued? Does the book say if the artists who produced these 4 quilts were all from the same guild or area of the country? I think the only quilt I didn't care for was the man on his bed, even though it was so much work to produce it. I wish these quilts were going to tour the US so we could all see them up close-as long as we wore bibs so we didn't drool on them. Hope to see more postings from the show & thank you again for sharing these. Your DH did a great job of taking nice clear photos.