View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 03:55 AM
clsurz

I got my EQ7 in yesterday and have installed it on my laptop. Happy to have gotten it at such a good price of $138.00 and free shipping. I had been trying for months to negotiate with various businesses online to get it at no more than $150 and finally last week I got an email offering it for $138.00 with free shipping. Of course I jumped on it straight away.

Now I can design to my hearts content.

I have a sketch pad that I jot down ideas but I'm afraid I can't draw worth a darn. So this program will help me tremendously I believe.

Regarding Expression II which for those of you who have no idea what this electric die cutting machine is it is made by Provo Craft and called the Cricut Expression. I have two other Expressions but one is on it's last legs as they say because I have used it to experiment using various materials and the other I have used primarily to cut cardstock and fabric with. The Cricut Expression II recently launched on HSN Cricuts 5th Anniversay and reason I got it is because of all the upgrades it has as well as an led screen and our not needing the keypads anymore in the machine. It also is compatibale with the Cricut Imagines printer/cutter and will allow us to use those carts as well. We can also flip with this new machine images/projects. Anyway I invested in it to use for cutting fabrics because I love to primarily do appliques and designing my own.

SPEAKING OF EQ7 I know several of you here have this program so how many of you actually make good use of it and design your own blocks to be used in quilt projects later on?

I briefly scan read the book last night and viewed the program after I installed it and saw where it allows the importation of embroidery projects as well as everything else so my question is can we design our own embroidery project on EQ7 besides importing and export it to our embroidery machines library to use later one? I'm assuming it has that capability.