View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 04:39 AM
DogHouseMom

Originally Posted by mzsooz
I have a Honda Fit and it is an amazing car.
Ditto ... I have a Honda Fit as well. We did a LOT of homework before deciding on this car for US.

Needed: safety, space, mileage. Has them all in spades.

I drive 40+ miles a day each way and I am currently getting 40+ to the gallon. My average for the Paducah trip was 48.

Side curtain and front air bags.

Tons of space to haul stuff, including my dogs.

There are only a few niggely things I don't like about my Honda. One is that I always like to leave my drivers side window cracked a little. Can't do that if it rains (it's worse in this car compared to any other car I've owned). I've got the rain guards just haven't had a chance to fit them on yet because of weather constraints - hope it will help.

The other is the wiper blades, I would prefer variable speed intermittant - there is only one intermittant speed on these. I also don't like the way the blades sit when not in use. The drivers side sits tucked under the other. Because I drive highway miles I am constantly washing my windows (bugs) and it's just not the best design for doing this. I also noticed that because of the way they sit I have to make sure that I clean every bit of snow/ice from the blades and the well they sit in cause it can really cake up. Other than that ... its a fantastic car and was reasonably priced.