Old 05-03-2011, 08:35 AM
kwendt

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Hmmmmmm, I have been thinking I should get the foot pedal and have DH wire it in. He is good at replacing/fixing the cords. I will also need DH to rewire the motor too as that cord it totally toast. I sure like the way my 66-1 sews so I know the 66-6 will be great too. I know, I am spoiled as I have the 15-88 treadle that has reverse on it, but I learned to turn the stitch regulator down to stitch in place when I wanted to lock something with my Free Company treadle. That worked great! I haven't tried locking anything with the Sphinx 127 that I am piecing with now to see if the same method will work with the Sphinx. The Free had a little knob that just slid up and down for the stitch length so it was very easy to change (worked almost like a reverse) to a nothing stitch to lock your work! Thanks for the hints on holding the fabric! Nancy
Cool! Obviously I need to be on the lookout for a Free. <grin> Actually, I should prob. mention that when you pull on the fabric, don't pull so strongly that you bend the needle out of alignment with the needleplate hole! lol. Just enough... and not too much... is the trick. (okay, ask me how I know this!!!! lol)