View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 12:35 PM
Blackberry

Sometime back I posted that I was having a problem with getting a nice mitered corner in the binding of my lapthrows. Well, you all were so kind of give me many ideas and show me places where I could find good videos on how to do this. I read over the many comments and watched the videos several times thinking that I was doing just what you all told me to do. Then, all of a sudden, Bingo, the light came on as I watched Leah Day's video again. I stopped it at the time when she was making the mitered corner and finally picked up on where exactly she was starting when she turned the corner. Now, mind you, she mentions as did all of you that you start 1/4" from the edge if that is your seam allowance, but for some reason I kept thinking she was talking about making sure you were sewing 1/4" from the edge you were sewing and not starting 1/4" from the top edge where the binding is folded down. Duh, how stupid can you get. Anyway, I have been practicing and now I can make pretty good mitered corners. Not perfect, but pretty darn good. I just love this board for all the help we can get on almost any subject.