Thread: Lunar Eclipse
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 07:07 PM
butterflywing

Originally Posted by twistedstitcher

Yep. I saw the quilt in a magazine and used this method because it looked easier than the method in the magazine, it used a lot of pins and the glue was much easier.
why do you think the seam allowances get cut away? do you think it's just to change the proportion of circle to square? this is very nice. the circle fills the square very nicely. once you join the blocks they become even smaller and the circle becomes even bigger. what size block did you start with? did they give the pattern or are you expected to draw your own. it wouldn't be hard. that info re: the freezer paper is weird. it would be too bad to have it shrink from steaming.

also, i don't understand why the square has to be marked on the centers without also marking the circle (EDIT- i do know: it's because she cut it in quarters, so she needed the marks).. i don't think it needs it, do you? wherever you put the circle should be fine.

it's a very interesting method, that's for sure. and it's good to see the finished product. tell the truth. did you do it to because you knew it would look terrific or to see how the method would work? i would have! both! LOL! :lol: :lol: