View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 02:45 PM
quilt addict

I am a member of Sunshine Quilters of San Diego which meets once a month Sept - June. Like others groups we have various ways to raise funds to support the guild. Annual dues are $30.

Monthly meeting, has announcements, sharing (show and tell), snacks, BOM sign ups and drawings, door prizes, seasonal raffle quilts, speaker or program of some sort. Instead of speakers, September is ice cream social and December is Christmas pot luck and auction.

We also have a library, secret pal exchange, and country store of items donated by members available for purchase.

We do cuddle quilts for the local women's shelter, a opportunity quilt to raffle each year (members sell tickets). Some speakers have workshops and there is an annual retreat.

Business meetings of officers are held periodically. Kind of depends on the officers currently holding office.

I wish all guilds could be friendly and open. I have learned alot from mine. Have connected with a smaller group of ladies that try to get together once a month to sew.