Old 05-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Favorite Fabrics

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Oh, it is so very hard to decide which ones to buy! I'm going to tell you all what I'm thinking ... and then please let me know what I've got right and what I've got wrong!

Of course I will order all three of the FQ bundles. Please PM me if you are interested in a bundle so I will have an idea of how many to order, in which colors. They are 11 pieces and will be $28.95 (which is well below the regular retail price). The FQ bundles include one or two of Kaufman's metallic fusions to round out the colors in the group.

I like all of the pewter colorway except for the first all-brown floral. When I think of flowers, I don't think of brown.

Of the earth colorway I like the first (larger) floral, the stripe, the medallions, and the gold leafy scroll. I will skip the blue floral and the large scallop/clamshell print.

The jewel colorway - I like all of them, and I think the small floral will also work with the earth colorway.

The "blenders" I like, but they don't define this collection, and I think a lot of people will be able to draw on other "near-solids" in their stash. (Is this a mistake?)

When I asked Kaufman the prices, I was told "The price TODAY is ...", which means a price increase is in the works. (heavy sigh). Since they're increasing their Kona Cottons on May 15th, that might be the day these also go up. The pressure is on for me to make a decision quickly! So please chime in with your advice. It's always appreciated.