Old 05-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Kitzone

Originally Posted by sew wishful
Originally Posted by jillaine
Um... why isn't there a separate board for this topic? 1009 pages? (If I'm beating a dead horse, my apologies.)

I posted a vintage question and request for help here:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-120349-1.htm

Thanks for your help. I *really* want/need to lower my dogs!!!

Thanks! - jillaine
Have you oiled these parts well?? There has to be a reason they don't move. Rust? Is something else in the way? Are the feed dogs pushed up against one side or the other? Get the hammer out. It'll move eventually!! Just kidding!!! I'm sorry I can't be of more help. Either the smarter people on here don't know the answer either or they haven't read the whole page. I sometimes just look at the pics and explanations of pics, when I am in a hurry. Hope someone gets back to you soon!
Juliane, I don't have this machine but by the pictures it doesn't seem like anything is broken unless it is under the button itself..Not sure what you mean that you can not get the feed dogs to stay down?? When you depress the mechanism under the buttons does the feed dogs move at all?? I'm confused. You said that the bars controlling the feed dog mechanism doesn't budge. Have you tried spraying some WD 40 or Aerokroil to all the moving (or your case unmoving) parts.

Keep us posted on your dilemma...or if you get it fixed, let us know what happened or how you did it.

Judy