View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 05:12 AM
Jennalyn

I'm going to be starting up as the webmaster for my guild over the summer, taking over from a lady who's been doing it for a little under ten years and is quite happy to be free of the responsibility. About as happy as I am to be taking it on! I've dabbled with personal websites since I was eleven and while I'm no whiz, I'm more than capable of basic coding and some PHP, which is all that's required.

The pre-existing website will be going in the proverbial scrap heap in favor of a complete redesign and restructuring. It's extremely basic right now and, while I'm certainly not looking to complicate things, it's greatly in need of more features and increased functionality.

I recognize that much of my audience isn't particularly interested in the internet and mostly goes on to check calendar dates and the newsletters. They'll be very easy to find. I also know, however, that the website can be a valuable tool to interest and recruit new members.

Through discussions with my Bee-mates, I've come up with a list of features I'm going to explore. I'm just curious what all of you like (or don't like) about your current guild websites! Anything in particular that you LOVE? Anything you just CAN'T STAND?

Thanks!