View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 07:12 AM
cattailsquilts

Originally Posted by MTS
Also, the smoke and pet hair issue - that is a statement you want to see in EVERY listing. And if they don't have it, ask why not. And while I would never buy from them, I appreciate the sellers that do put in they smoke or have pets. No mysteries.
I admit I was guilty of this on the one listing I've done here. Noone smokes (at least not inside the house- I make hubby go outside & stand in the baking sun if he insists on smoking), but I do have animals, and they are always in my studio. (I wish I could keep them out, but they are the 'velcro' breed, as in 'need to be right by mommy!)

I try to check everything for stray furs before it leaves my hands, and my Etsy/Artfire shops do say that I do not have a pet-free environment. I don't put it in every listing, though. Maybe I should.

I have also received fabric that reeks of cigarette smoke, I can't stand that. Strongly scented detergent/fabric softener gets me too, so I generally don't prewash fabrics before using/sending, unless it was a questionable source (ie yardsale or thrift shop)

As with everything else in the world, though, it's 'buyer beware'.